TXU Energy Free Nights plans launched this month and are very popular with our customers! Why wouldn’t they be? No other energy provider gives you free energy charges every night for the length of your plan.
Sure, signing up for free nights is great, but it’s only the first step to savings. To really take advantage of this plan, you might want to consider shifting when you use electricity to nighttime. Consider changing your housekeeping schedule for things like washing the dishes, doing the laundry, and other activities that use a lot of electricity. If you could shift these activities to the “free Energy Charge” time periods, you could be cutting a lot more off your monthly electricity bill. Here are some other ideas for late night activities that could save you bundles:
- Charging your electronic devices (e.g., phones, cameras) or your electric vehicle
- Watching movies or playing video games in your high-tech, media room
- Running pool pumps and robotic cleaners
- Starting your slow cooker after 10 p.m. for lunch/dinner the following day
- Late night get-togethers in the summer when your air conditioning, mood lighting, music and kitchen appliances are all working hard
- Evening jam sessions with the band (if you live far enough from your neighbors!)
How does it work?
Sign up for one of our TXU Energy Free Nights plans. You can choose from three different term lengths to suit your needs – 12, 18 or 24 months. In the day, you’ll get a simple electricity rate. Then at night, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., you’ll get zero Energy Charges from TXU Energy. Plus, throughout the length of your plan, you won’t have to worry about your rate changing without advance notice, which means no surprises.
Have you already switched to a TXU Energy Free Nights plan? If so, tell us why you switched or how you’ve changed your electricity-draining activities to take full advantage of the savings.
* Free nighttime Energy Charges applies only to the amount billed for the Energy Charges between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. every day for 12, 18 or 24 full months. Base Charge, TDU Delivery Charges, state and local taxes, and other billed charges apply normally to all hours of usage. TXU Energy Free Nights plans are available to residential customers who have had an AMS-enabled smart meter installed and provisioned at their premise by their local Transmission and Distribution Utility (TDU). Visit txu.com for full plan details.