Getting a new place is an exciting event, but it can also be a stressful time when you’re in the final days before your move. Finding a Texas electricity plan for your home is often the first thing on your moving list, since nothing else works until the electricity is turned on. But what do you need to do after that?
Here are some handy resources to help you prepare for your big day:
- Choose an electricity plan that’s right for your needs.
- Turn on other services in your home – TV, Internet, phone and more.
- Get your calendar in order – check out our Moving Timeline to help you plan ahead.
- Shed the excess – have a garage sale or donate items to reduce the amount of things you have to move.
- Budget your move – find ways to save during your move or track down coupons.
- Get some help – find a professional Texas mover.
- Avoid the traps – read about moving mistakes you don’t want to make.
- Don’t forget about the kids – change is difficult for the little ones, use these tips for moving with kids to help them cope.
- Get to know your area – check out some of the most popular cities in Texas and what they have to offer.
What are your moving tips? Share them in the comments below.